Mama Kat: 5 Random Facts about Your Family
1. Our oldest child is now twenty-three….the age we were when we married.
2. When I became pregnant for the third time in under five years, we let the biggest sister call the grandparents to announce the baby. My mother told my little girl to “put your mother on” and promptly asked if this was a planned pregnancy. I said that indeed, all three of my children had been planned and asked in turn how many of her ten had been. She chuckled and say, “Oh, about three!” I was Number 9. Seems unlikely I was one of the three planned ones.
3. My husband has brown eyes; I have green. The kids have green, brown and blue eyes.
4. Once an employee at the U.S. Postal Service stole an incoming order of two-hundred of our blank checks. A group of five people wrote $10,000 worth of forgeries on our account before they were caught. The first five checks they wrote were to each other (which might have provided five great clues for the police to follow if Shawnee County, Kansas considered forgery a crime worth investigating). The sixth check they wrote was passed to a person who knew us and called us immediately to tell us to close our account.
5. I miss the days when my kids were young and we would have pizza for dinner, play board games, watch movies and have a family slumber party in the family room. The couch was not all that comfortable so in the middle of the night when I couldn’t sleep, I would sit up and look at the four slumbering bodies strewn across the floor and wonder how life could ever get any better than it was at that moment.